? ? ? AYURVEDIC ADVICE TO BEAT HAYFEVER
- Cold and heavy foods like dairy, yoghurt, cheese early in the mornings or later in the evenings. No fried and junk food
- Faulty food combinations like fruit and dairy.
- White bread and yeast
- Dairy products after 5 pm
Foods to Consume:
- More general spices like turmeric, black pepper in foods.
- More hot soups and liquids. This helps to liquefy/melt the congested mucus.
- Tea or decoction made from liquorice, black pepper, basil and ginger should be taken twice daily.
- Plenty of steamed green vegetables or salads garnished with black pepper, basil, thyme, rosemary.
- Always have warm, fresh and moist food never eat anything raw or juices.
- Pippali which is also known as long pepper is one of the best herbs to strengthen the immune system.
- Turmeric when taken regularly will help to prevent onset of Hay Fever. This can either be taken three times daily in warm water or mixed with honey.
- Tulsi which is also known as Holy Basil is known as one of the best respiratory system rejuvenators. People with more congestion, runny nose will find this herb helpful.
- Nasya, the Ayurveda Nasal treatments is very good for Hay Fever. Medicated Ayurvedic herbal oils are administered into the nostril after an energising massage and steaming to the face. This once again helps to cleanse and clear out any mucus congestion from the sinuses.
- Ayurvedic foot massages are very helpful for people suffering from redness, burning, itching and watering of eyes.
- Ayurvedic abdominal massages are also good if they have Ama or toxins in the body.